Monday, May 26, 2008

Friday on Monday

So I'm here.
All alone in my room.
My roomate aint here yet.

And I'm bored.
So, here is my trip here in a nutshell.
We (My brother Logan, Jen, Casey, and Sarah) left Cary at round 10ish on Friday. We stopped every few hours at rest stops except for lunch at an Arby's, where only Logan and I ate and the flat bread thingys are great by the way.
On the way through West Virginia I found out that my
car abhors mountains. I dreaded any upward sloping roads, which would inevitably cause my car to slow down and start the nice and slow chug up the mountain. If there were any flat or downward sloping roads I had to accelerate a crap ton so that I could get carried up and over the top on the momentum allowed by an itty bitty car with suitcases in the trunk. Twas no fun. From what I saw, West Virginia was a bunch of mountains with trees all over them and occasionally a valley, and then along came Charleston and some coal plants, and then every once in a while there'd be a mine of some sort.
Then we crossed the Ohio River, and we were in Ohio. The way we took was relatively flat. And Ohio was the first state we went through that we actually saw some kind of police officer, be it a state trooper or just a car marked POL
ICE, which we thought was kind of odd. On the way north, we passed sings for the towns with some of the strangest names I had ever seen.

More to come after I get those pictures downloaded!

Remember to say "Nope to Dope" and to "Stand Strong Like an Elephant."
Because Zach obviously didn't.




2 comments:

Alison said...

i've made that drive so many times to go visit family in ohio. did you guys pass the capitol building in charleston, wv? it's always a banner moment with my family.

Unknown said...

I live close by to the area you took these pictures at. The photo of the "say nope to dope sign" was taken in New Philadelphia, OH.